Legal Counsel | Commercial and IT
Beaumont&Beaumont has been engaged to appoint a Legal Counsel to provide business-focussed legal advice that supports sound decision-making and facilitates the execution of the organisation’s strategic objectives.
Our client, an Australian Government-owned corporation, regularly engages in work that is both extremely interesting and challenging. The team is small, highly collegiate and prides itself on a positive workplace culture. The senior team members provide strong mentorship and support, however, if successful, you will be required to work reasonably independently.
You will be working on engaging work, which will require you to draft and negotiate a variety of commercial and technology agreements relating to construction, infrastructure and information communications technology law. You will also provide advice and support in managing contractual agreements and procurement processes, including the preparation of requests for tender, acquisition strategies, tender evaluation plans and probity advice.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2-5 years in general commercial law in a top-tier or national mid-tier law firm, government department or corporation;
- experience in negotiating and drafting a wide variety of commercial and technology agreements;
- experience in Commonwealth Government procurement;
- excellent drafting skills and attention to detail;
- the ability to provide legal advice and identify, understand and provide mitigation for legal risk; and
- additional experience in construction, property or environmental law is desirable, but not essential.
To be eligible for this role, you must have a minimum of 2-5 years in post-qualification experience and be admitted as a legal practitioner with the ability to hold a practising certificate in the ACT. A very attractive salary package will be offered to you, should you be the successful candidate.
Applications close 11:30pm AEDT Sunday 16 February.
For further information about the role, please contact Gillian Beautmont, Director, Monica Biddington, Principal Consultant, or Andrew McNeill, Associate Consultant at Beaumont&Beaumont on 02 6126 4500 citing reference number 4153.